The client is a leading vendor of software solutions for fleet management solutions. Their web applications and databases are hosted in physical servers located within a colocation service. They required a cloud migration strategy that would perform well even during heavy traffic.
- Scalability was limited, time consuming and expensive.
- Any hardware failure required manual intervention, which caused the application to be unavailable during the maintenance period
- The physical servers being used were limited in terms of expandability
- Due to the huge size of databases, it was challenging to manage the databases in on-premise environment
- Disaster recovery was a pain point due to lack of resources
The Zerone approach:
A cloud migration strategy was formulated by conducting a feasibility study on migrating the .NET web application and the MSSQL databases into cloud. Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure were shortlisted as the suitable cloud providers. Microsoft Azure Site recovery was proposed as the disaster recovery solution for the applications and databases hosted in AWS. Download the case study to know how Zerone developed a highly fault tolerant and 100% scalable cloud application.